Principles on Advanced Discrete Simulation
Gabriel Wainer, Carleton University, Canada
Qi Liu, General Electric Global Research, USA?
In connection with the 2013 PADS Conference, held in Montreal, Canada on May 19-22, 2013, we solicit articles for a special issue of ACM TOMACS on Principles of Advanced Discrete Sim- ulation we solicit high-quality papers in all aspects of simulation technology, including (but not restricted to) the following areas:
- Advanced modeling techniques, and their execution using novel simulation algorithms.
- Agent-based modeling and simulation.
- Algorithms and methods for parallel or distributed simulation, including synchronization, scheduling, memory management, and load balancing.
- Applications of large-scale or distributed simulation methods.
- Development of advanced simulation engines.
- Distributed simulation.
- GPU, FPGA and hybrid architecture acceleration.
- Integration of simulation with other IT systems, including automatic simulation model gen- eration and initialization and simulation based decision-making.
- Mechanisms for ecient design of experiments.
- Modeling and Simulation applied to solve problems in previously dicult or impossible do- mains.
- Online and symbiotic simulation.
- Parallel algorithms and high performance simulation.
- Real-Time and Embedded Simulation.
- Simulation as emulation of real systems.
- Simulation visualization techniques.
- Techniques for constructing scalable simulations.
- Tools and techniques for interoperability of simulations.
We encourage conference presenters and attendees to submit extended versions of their papers to this special issue. We also welcome papers from authors who did not attend the conference. All submitted papers must not have been previously published or currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Submission deadline: January 10, 2014.
The issue should appear in 2015. For the editorial policy, instructions to authors, and further details, please consult the ACM TOMACS Web page.
The submission process is electronic only. When submitting your paper, select the appropriate paper type, Special Issue on Principles of Advanced Discrete Simulation, and make sure that you carefully follow the submission instructions.